one word reviews of Movies and TV

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear


The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear: Hilarious

Is the second film in a comedy classic trilogy...

"Well, send him plane fare and a new pair of pants." 
The Last Time we saw Frank Drebin?
his best friend and partner, played by O.J. Simpson was in a coma after being shot 6 times. As he was investigate the shooting he stumbled onto a plot to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II by Vincent Ludwig, played by Ricardo Montalban. 
"Thank you. But, in all honesty, the last three I backed over with my car. Luckily, they turned out to be drug-dealers."
The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (Trailer)
Lt. Frank Drebbin is back! A new evil has popped up and its up to Frank to save the day! Both Frank and Jane are no longer together and a Scientist named Dr. Mainheimer is publishing a report on the future of energy. Evil energy companies like nuclear and oil decided to save their industries by replacing Dr. Mainheimer with a decoy who has his own report that will keep nuclear and oil at the front of the future of energy. 
"There, there. You had no way of knowing the man you were dating was a vicious, murdering sociopath."
The smell of fear is a very good sequel to really a perfect comedy. It's tough to make another film when the first is a comedy masterpiece. But all said and done 2 1/2 is a funny film. It's a solid sequel that has great quotes, more O.J. and more action. I highly enjoy this film and highly suggests you watch this film especially if you haven't before it's that good. And let's hope you seen the first one since it's such a perfect film.

They really don't make funny films like this anymore!
"I'm single! I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader!" 
My favorite scene from The Final Insult is the Lion scene. I remember seeing this for the first time and when the lion comes out of nowhere and attacks, I fell to the ground out of my chair. The link of when Frank letting loose of all the animals at the zoo to the attack was so perfect it made me cry with laughter. Like the pee scene from the first film, this scene gets me every damn time!
"Oh, that would be me. I've been swimming in raw sewage. I love it!"

Stay tuned for tomorrow as we look at
Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews