one word reviews of Movies and TV

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Killer Klowns From Outer Space


 Killer Klowns From Outer Space - Memories


I remember as a kid waking up early one morning before anyone in the house and taking advantage of the one TV that we had with HBO.  I turn the TV and one movie was just ending and the credits were just closing out.  I decided to wait and see what was coming up next and the next thing I hear is some faint circus music with what it seemed people laughing.  Next thing I know the credits flash on the screen, the guitars kick in and I see 'Killer Klowns From Outer Space."  With that, what I thought of b-movies would never be the same.

Most people have fears of clowns, personally I don't get it, but yes, its real.  In "Killer Klowns" the plot is simple, and creepily effective.  A group of jolly klowns have come from some undisclosed planet to bring the citizens of Crescent Cove the chuckles, and promptly kill them in some quite humorous ways, ranging from killer popcorn to corrosive pies.

A lot of b-movies hold special places in my heart from "The Toxic Avenger" (which I will cover in another review) to "Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama" (which I will cover in yet another review down the road).  I remember watching many of these fine films on either "Monstervision" with Joe Bob Briggs, "USA's 'Up All Night'" with either Gilbert Gottfried or Rhonda Shear, and to a lesser degree, "Night Flight."  Whenever I think about "Klowns" it takes me back to a simpler time when I wasn't so worried about what I might be getting out of a movie, and instead just enjoying myself.

Fun Fact:  Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns with the prefix, -coulro, meaning "stilt walker" derived from Ancient Greek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews