one word reviews of Movies and TV

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!

Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!: Hysterical

Is the first film in a comedy classic trilogy...

Like The Godfather Trilogy, Back to the Future and The Man with No Name Trilogy, The Naked Gun Trilogy
stands with that group as one of the greatest trilogies of all-time!
"It's fourth and fifteen and you're looking at a full-court press" In 1982 the television comedy series, Police Squad! premiered. It was the beginning of one of the greatest comedy franchises ever created. Sadly it only lasted six episodes, but it spawned the great Naked Gun trilogy.
"I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils." 
Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (Trailer)
is about a cop named Frank Drebin who comes back after his best friend and partner, played by O.J. Simpson is shot 6 times (missing ever vital organ) is now in a coma. Once he begins to investigate the shooting he stumbles on a plot to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II by Vincent Ludwig, played by Ricardo Motalban. This film is one of the GREATEST COMEDIES of all time! Airplane is up on the list as well but like Airplane, Leslie Nielsen is the highlight of the film and in Naked Gun we get more of that. Leslie Nielsen is a comedy Legend and Naked Gun is the film that did it for me. Never has a film come as close.
"Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy." When you watch this film you will laugh and laugh! The whole time you watch this film you will have a smile on your face. It's that good! In fact this form of comedy has been copied so many times I.E. the stupid Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie and Disaster Movie (can't believe I had to write those titles on this site, but I'm making a point) and they all failed at it. This franchise is one of a kind and yet it stands up today! It's still one of the best comedies of all time!
"Yes, he's in the intensive care ward at Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle."

I have so many favorite scenes in this film, but if I had to pick just one (which is tough)...

I'd pick the Press Conference Scene it gets me everytime!

What's your favorite scene in the Naked Gun?



Stay tuned for tomorrow as we look at
The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews