one word reviews of Movies and TV

Thursday, October 18, 2018

31 Films of Halloween: Rob Zombie's Halloween and H2


In order to expedite the process, and since I feel it appropriate to connect these two films together, I'm giving you guys a two-fer today with the EGO project that you might call "Rob Zombie's Halloween and Rob Zombie's Halloween 2" "H2," regardless, call it what you will.

The long and short and Zombie's vision is that it isn't horrible. It's shot expertly, makes you feel real grimy, like you are watching a documentary about Michael Myers and how he become the sister murdering, babysitter slaying enigma we know today, or if Zombie has anything to do with it, no longer an enigma.

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times; the allure, at least to me, is that there is no reason for Michael Myers or why he kills...he's pure evil. I don't need an entire half of one film telling me how bad of a childhood Mikey had, I don't need it.

Oh, and you'll find this fun. With all the different versions of each film floating around, its a cool game to see what version you like since they could all impact each film and how it's perceived. I thought the Theatrical and TV version of "Halloween 2" was enough, geesh!

Sorry, let me step off my white horse... 

1 comment:

  1. I always felt that having a backstory on Myers makes this look like its a lifetime original movie. Maybe if the 1st one only concentrated on just his upbringing only. I would have cut it some slack. But the 2nd half is filled with people I hate so much that I don't fear for them. I want to see them die. That's not good

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews