one word reviews of Movies and TV

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

31 Films of Halloween: Halloween (1978)

In the lead-up to 2018's "Halloween," I'm kicking off my retrospective tonight. From the 1978 version all the way to 2009's "H2," or Rob Zombie's "Halloween 2," or whatever you might want to call it.

I feel like every year I either post a review about the original "Halloween," or just jabber on about it on the podcast. Maybe it's because, to me, it's one of the most important horror films I've ever seen.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of John Carpenter's "Halloween," and needless to say, this film has been TESTED, and it still holds up. I was able to enjoy it in a theater this year, on an original 35mm print, in it's native format, and enjoyed it just as much as the first time I saw it. Surrounded by a couple of newbies, and my wife, it was a different experience to see something that influential in a different prism.

But good God, I never realized how many times Linda (PJ Soles) says "totally" in this flick. I mean, I always knew she said it, but man, it's TOTALLY too many time....totally...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews