one word reviews of Movies and TV

Monday, August 27, 2018

A Simplistic Review: Adventureland


Maybe I've had a DELAYED reaction, but I actually really like "Adventureland." Sadly, when it was released it was sold as a screwball comedy in the vein of "Superbad" and every other Judd Apatow inspired comedy that had been released prior.

It'ss a coming-of-age flick, which I'm a sucker for, with some honest acting, and despite what people might say about Kristen Stewart and her sullen, angsty acting style, she works extremely well here, and I know people will always give her shit for her years in the "Twilight" films, but she's honestly perfect in her role here. If you're a "Freaks and Geeks" fan, "Adventureland" is the perfect companion piece. Oh yeah, music in the 80s will live forever in my heart and I can listen to Shannon's "Let the Music Play" on repeat....come at me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews