one word reviews of Movies and TV

Friday, March 4, 2016

3 Simplistic Things: February 2016

Matt here again with 3 Simplistic Things that I'm sure you heard happened in February, but I"m going to tell you anyway.

 1. Launch of Viceland

This is something that I'm sure a lot of people missed, because honestly, if you could find me three people that watched H2 (History Channel's sister station) I would call you a liar. VICE, on the other hand, is pretty much a household name, thanks to HBO's weekly news show. Now, H2 is a distant memory and enter, Viceland. Full of original, compelling content, including weekly shows featuring rapper Action Bronson, LGBT crusader, Ellen Page, and much more, Viceland is TV at it's finest.

2. The Return of Broad City

Abbi and Illana are back for more New York adventures as season three of Broad City returned to Wednesday nights on Comedy Central. While I can honestly say the season premier was a little bit of a letdown from the series premier and the season two premier, episode two was a vast improvement. I guess my issue with this season so far as been that two of the three highest rated episodes of the season have been this season. Has no one seen "Pussy Weed" or "Kirk Steele" or "Hashtag FOMO?" Oh well, maybe I'm just cranky....

3. I guess we won the Deadpool

Who'd of thought that an R-Rated Comic Book flick is, and quite possibility could be one of the highest grossing films of the year? I didn't that see that one coming from "Deadpool." What can be said about "Deadpool" is that they got it right. Fox had a property that they chose to take a gamble with, and let it become an organic thing in-and-of-itself, and it's paying off....and paying, and paying, and paying.

That's it for this month, kthnxbye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews