one word reviews of Movies and TV

Monday, March 18, 2013

Barney's Version

Barney's Version: Touching

134mins/Drama/2010 IMDB link

Late one night I was surfing the channels on the good old TV in which honestly only shows nothing but pointless crap. Then I caught this film with only 15 mins left, It drew my attention so much I quickly found the next day it would play and scheduled it; with the single greatness advancement in the living room the DVR! Well it was a long time ago and I completely forgot about it, then one day boom there she is! There is that film one night that caught my attention.

So I watched it and its very good. If you might be looking for a film to watch I would say watch this film you wont be disappointed. 

The film is about Barney, played by Paul Giamatti and his life. He is this extremely flawed man who has issues. He meets beautiful women who he ends up meeting (and marrying), including meeting a woman at his wedding and becomes caught so badly by her beauty. Barney's father is played by the wonderful Dustin Hoffman. No one really does what Hoffman can do, he steals every film he is in. Honestly when he pops up within 5 secs he puts a smile on your face. We meet Barney's friends as well as his other issues we as people go through. But the relationship with his father is my favorite part. I love this relationship where Dustin jokes around one moment and the next knowing and talking about his son's flaws then grabbing him with his words and pretty much saying I love you, I stand with you and I trust you. 

You will see what I mean, lovely and funny stuff you just don't see much of anymore.


Side note: The makeup team has done one of the best jobs I've seen in years. Fantastic job on aging the actors!... Unlike this film.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews