one word reviews of Movies and TV

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Matt's Take) Round 1, Opening Thoughts

*This will be more of an experience, as opposed to any type of review/critique of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Pardon some of the course language*

As I plan on seeing this film multiple times over the course of the next few days, I'll be reviewing this film to varying degrees over the next few days, so just stay with me, as well as my fellow reviewers DJ and Justin, as I'm sure they'll have plenty to say about this film as well.

Myself and two friends caught the 8:00 pm showing on Thursday, December 17th, and needless to say, the butterflies were pretty heavy for me. The theater was at capacity and there was a lot of energy; you could feel it, like the Force, it was flowing through you.

With a packed theater you expect a lot of cheers; there was one set for the Lucasfilms logo, and to be honest it was a little weird to not hear the old 20th Century Fox fanfare, thinking about it now, it was actually kind of sad.

Silence....."A long time ago.....in a galaxy far, far away...."


Goosebumps......Episode VII......
......Enter the kid next to me who decides to read the entire scroll......pardon my french....but shut the fuck up kid (more on this kid later).....

Most of this film I held my hand to my face and was transfixed by what I was watching. I imagine this is what people felt like back in 1977.

New faces; old face, "The Force Awakens" truly is something special and brings so many people together. Of course there were cheers when characters showed up, and much to my chagrin, BB-8 got some of the bigger pops in the audience, but I guess people are suckers for cute robots.

Back to that kid, at one point he moved to a sit next to him that was unoccupied; great. But than he had the gall near the end of the film to ask, "is this almost over?" Again, pardon me, but go fuck yourself kid, don't you have school tomorrow?

So in a nutshell, this is my completely non-review of "Star Wars" The Force Awakens" and I'll be back tomorrow with something with a little more meat on it. My friends seemed to enjoy the film as well, and we had a small discussion about what the future might bring, but of course nothing too specific.

With that said; May the Force be with you......and hopefully kid-free.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews