one word reviews of Movies and TV

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Batman Vs. Superman: Special Simplistic Reviews Op-ed Edition (3-5)

Batman Vs. Superman:
Special Simplistic 
Reviews Op-ed Edition

Part Three: 
Wonder Woman

The follow contains neither official information nor photos. Only fan made photos, onset snaps and my thought on the rumors.

Batman might be the only thing I personally care about in life, but not for this film.

When we found Wonder Woman was going to be included I was extremely happy. I don’t like a film with too many characters, but this character is different. She can be utilized and give us a strong female presence in the film. In Man of Steel, Lois Lane to me felt flat. I like Amy Adams, but her performance in that film is just flat. Her emotions are dull and every time she spoke I cringed. You may not agree, I’ve brought this up many times before including in the podcast with disagreement opposing me. For me Wonder Woman could change this, but that’s not the main reason for my liking of her in this ever so sounding bloated film.

My reason is because Wonder Woman hasn’t ever been on the big screen and the last and only appearance was Lynda Carter in the late 70’s. Yes we had the 2011 never aired TV Pilot with Adrianne Palicki, which we hear was embarrassing. If I were a Wonder Woman fan like I would be with Batman, I’d be jumping like a kid on Christmas. This is big for the character and hopefully leads to a Wonder Woman film. DC could win this by making it to the finish line by bringing a female driven film, sadly Marvel has missed this. If this film is done right and this character comes through it will be paradise for comic book fans.

That costume is going to be very important. We already talked about the Bat suit, which I think they got right. Thou those ears would be nicer a bit longer and the logo is taking time. I get they're going for the Miller look but it seems too much. With Wonder Woman I'm sure they will go down more with the New 52 road and that would be the smart option. There is no way I can see the shorts making its way into the design.

Now let's take about her, the new Wonder Woman.

Gal Gadot has drawn big criticism, possibly more then Ben. But if she can do a fine job, it will magnify as BIG. Why because we haven’t seen this before. If she blows it, it will echo loud. She has a lot riding on her back, and I don’t think she should have a problem. She hasn’t acted much, but from what I have seen she could do a okay job. Her ability to do her own fight scenes is a win and her voice can add a nice twist on her amazon roots Her beauty is key as well. Watching a clip from Fast and Furious 6 during my research I can see the Wonder Woman, I can see Diana Prince.

She might not be the first choice for everyone; my first was Jaimie Alexander from Thor. She would be perfect but we don’t live in a perfect world, Gal Gadot should do fine and if she does a great job the treat we as comic fans will fall head over heels seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on he big screen.
Regarding her being too skinny. She is very skinny and this could be a issue. But luckily from what we hear she's been hitting the gym and adding some muscle just like Ben. So there is a sigh of relief.

Right now I'd rate Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman a B

But that can change fast once I see the costume.

But the scariest thing for me, where muscle does play a big part in is our next post.

Coming up

Part 4 - Lex Luther


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews