one word reviews of Movies and TV

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sizzling Bacon

HYPNOTIZING

Sizzling Bacon - Hypnotizing

There are many days where I think to myself, "I have 20 minutes of excess time; what should I do with myself?"  Well, today was my lucky day.  Deciding to log into Netflix for a moment I noticed on the homepage...."Sizzling Bacon."  Hmmmm, I figured, "why not" and strapped myself in for 20 minutes of the most hypnotizing bacon cooking in recent memory.

*Of course, and before I get into this "review" this is Netflix April Fool's prank, so stay with me on this one*

So, "Sizzling Bacon," how do I explain this one.  As per Netflix "Sizzling Bacon" is "The boundaries of TV and time go up in smoke with this tasteful, "Memento"-style puzzle that takes the viewer out of the fire and into the frying pan." You had me at "Memento."

Wathcing "Bacon" was quite the experience.  Normally at home I'm only able to cook bacon from beginning to end.  In 20 minutes I was able to experience how bacon should really be cook; from end to beginning in a sexy cast iron skillet.  Like I said, hypnotizing.

Hopefully this is a turn for Netflix, who I'm sure is trying to corner to backwards food cooking demographic that it so desperately needs in order to rule the world. If "Sizzling Bacon" is any indication, I don't think there is anyway to stop them now.  What's next; "Smoking Sausage," "Baking Bananas" "Broiling Bratwurst" "Grilling Steaks." One can only hope....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews