one word reviews of Movies and TV

Friday, September 13, 2013

Simplistic Reviews Presents: Cinema and Suds, Dogma and Weyerbacher Blasphemy Quadruple Ale


Hot topics are something we don't do too often on Simplistic Reviews, but when something happens we don't just sit idly by and not interject an opinion.  So here we go; who do you think gives better foot massages?  Vince Vega or Jules Winfield.  But in all seriousness.....who?

I'll let you sit on that for a few while I get into this edition of Cinema and Suds.  Now, religion is always a hot topic issue.  People either love it or hate it and people usually really hate it when you make funny of their fairy ta.....I mean beliefs.  Some might even call it blasphemy, which brings me to today's beer.

Blasphemy, by Pennsylvania brewery, Weyerbacher, is a big-time Belgian-style Quadruple (11.8% ABV) aged in whiskey barrels.  Now if that doesn't help you find Jesus, I'm not sure what will.  So while you're enjoying this beer of biblical proportions, why not throw in a film of even biblicalalalala proportions (yeah, I just made up that word).  Kevin Smith's "Dogma" is a searing look at Catholicism that stars some of Hollywood's biggest stars, and Jason Mewes (I kid, I kid).

So pull out your Buddy Christ (no, not that one), pop open a bottle of Blasphemy, and exercise some demons.  Boy, a foot massage would feel good right about now.....

Enjoy the video companion to this review, and check back every week for another edition of Cinema and Suds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews