one word reviews of Movies and TV

Friday, July 27, 2012

Spawn

Spawn: Shit

Well it's about a mercenary who gets killed. He goes to Hell and is turned into a soldier for the Devil's army.

Thats it...

The Story is fine, but its the late 90's (1997). So sadly like most films from the 90's unlike T-2 (1991), Jurassic Park (1993), who the Director worked on and somewhat ID4 (1996) the CGI sucks! Really any other film from the 90's has such bad CGI. Somethings in this film look fine but the worst is Hell, especially the Devil, who you would think "should" look good. When the Devil talks his mouth stays open? He might be the worst thing you have ever seen. Seriously its that bad! You would think if they couldn't get the Devil to work and look right, they just have him in the darkness somewhere where all you see is the Devil's eyes. I mean, I even remember in '97 when I saw this film on HBO the Devil still looked like shit. Such a easy fix, yet I guess they give up.

Lets be honest there are a few other big issues with this film but the worst that makes this film unwatchable was the Devil's look.

By the way this film won a Best Special Effect award in 1997. Only award it won, yet I have no idea how...Oooo and ILM did the special effects, yep that Industrial Light and Magic. If you don't know who that is google it.

Your world will be blown because you will see clearly they gave up on this film.

Now I gotta go delete my browser history since I googled this film...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Simplistic Reviews